Támogátok 8th July 2022
Letter from EMFScientist.org
Letter in Support of The European Citizens Initiative
Stop 5G – Stay Connected but Protected
The International EMF Scientist Appeal was initiated in 2015 and is now signed by over 240 EMF Scientists from 44 nations who have published peer-reviewed papers in professional journals on the biological or health effects of non-ionizing electromagnetic fields. An additional 15 scientists from 11 nations, who have published peer-reviewed papers in related fields and have been significantly engaged in EMF education, signed as Supporting Scientists.
This Appeal addresses the part of the electromagnetic field (EMF) spectrum that includes extremely low frequency fields (ELF) emitted by electrical devices and radiofrequency radiation (RFR), that include millimeter waves (MMW), used by wireless communications technologies.
The scientific basis for the common concerns that bring these scientists to sign this Appeal is:
“Numerous recent scientific publications have shown that EMF affects living organisms at levels well below most international and national guidelines. Effects include increased cancer risk, cellular stress, increase in harmful free radicals, genetic damages, structural and functional changes of the reproductive system, learning and memory deficits, neurological disorders, and negative impacts on general well-being in humans. Damage goes well beyond the human race, as there is growing evidence of harmful effects to both plant and animal life.”
The Appeal urgently calls upon the United Nations, the World Health Organization, the U.N Environment Programme and all U.N. Member States to address the global public health concerns related to exposure to cell phones, power lines, electrical appliances, wireless devices, wireless utility meters and wireless infrastructure in residential homes, schools, communities and businesses.
The Appeal recommends adoption of nine precautionary measures:
1) Priority should be given to protect children and pregnant women.
2) Guidelines and regulatory standards should be strengthened.
3) Manufacturers should be encouraged to develop safer technologies.
4) Utilities responsible for the generation, transmission, distribution, and monitoring of electricity maintain adequate power quality and ensure proper electrical wiring to minimize harmful ground current.
5) The public should be fully informed about the potential health risks from electromagnetic energy and taught harm reduction strategies.
6) Medical professionals need to be educated about the biological effects of electromagnetic energy and be provided training on treatment of patients with electromagnetic sensitivity.
7) Governments need to fund training and research on electromagnetic fields and health that is independent of industry.
8) The media should disclose experts’ financial relationships with industry when citing their opinions regarding health and safety aspects of EMF-emitting technologies.
9) Radiation-free areas need to be established, especially for individuals with electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS).
We support the European Citizens Initiative on Stop 5G Stay Connected but Protected, a citizen’s campaign that could help stop the global roll out of 5G networks until safety is confirmed,
Elizabeth Kelley MA
International EMF Scientist Appeal
On behalf of the Advisors to the International EMF Scientist Appeal - Anne Sasco, MD, Dr.PH.; Ronald Melnick, Ph.D.; Henry Lai, Ph.D.; Magda Havas, Ph.D.; and Joel M. Moskowitz, Ph.D.